Part 1 : Scholastic Areas
- There will be two terms. The First Term will be from April to September and Second Term
from October to March of the subsequent year.
- Each term will have two Formative and one Summative Assessment.
- Assessment will be indicated in Grades.
- The Grading Scale for the Scholastic Areas is a Nine Point Grading Scale.
- Overall grade of Formative Assessments over the two terms (FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4) and the
overall grade of Summative Assessment (SA1+SA2) must be given. The total of the two grades which comprises
Formative and Summative needs to be given in the relevant column.
Part -2 : Co-scholastic Areas
Part 2 consists of Co-scholastic Areas where students are assessed in four parts on a Five Point Grading Scale once in every session.
Part 2 (A) :
- Life skills consist of
- Self Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Communication
- Managing Emotions
- Dealing With Stress
Part 2(B) :
Part 2(C) :
Part 2(D) :Altitudes & Values
- Visual and Performing Arts
Part 3: Co-curricular Activities
- Attitudes towards Teachers, Schoolmates, School Programmes and Environment
- Value systems refer to the framework which must be developed right through Primary to Secondary level.
These are to be filled in after a period of observation over the year by
the Class Teacher in consultation with the subject teachers
Part 3 consists of Co-curricular Activities wherein choice in participation and assessment thereof is available .It has two sub parts to be assessed on a five-point grading scale.
Part 3 (A)
- 1. Literary and creative skills
- 2. Scientific skills
- 3. Information and Communication Technology(ICT)
- 4. Organizational and Leadership Skills(Clubs)
A student will be expected to choose two activities from these four groups and will be assessed on their level of participation and achievement.
Part 3(B) Health and Physical Activities
Eight different kinds of Health and Physical Activities have been provided.
Evaluation of Scholastic aspect :
- 1. Sports/Indigenous sports(Kho-Kho etc.)
- 2. NCC/NSS
- 3. Scouting and Guiding
- 4. Swimming
- 5. Gymnastics
- 6. Yoga
- 7. First Aid
- 8. Gardening/Shramdaan
Part 1 :Scholastic Areas Evaluation of Academic Subjects in Classess VI to VIII.
Six assessments are proposed:
|Formative Assessment – 1
||FA1 + FA2 = 20%
|Formative Assessment – 2
|Summative Assessment – 1
||SA1 = 30%
|Formative Assessment – 3
||FA3 + FA4 = 20%
|Formative Assessment – 2
|Summative Assessment – 2
||SA2 = 30%
Total:Formative Assessment (FA) = FA1 + FA2 + FA3 + FA4 = 40 %
Summative Assessment (SA) = SA 1 + SA2 = 60%
Assessment of Scholastic attainments Part 1 will be reported twice in a year.
The nine point grading scale for measuring Scholastic achievements is given below :
Minimum qualifying grade in all subjects under Scholastic Domain is D.
All assessment with regard to the academic status of the students shall be done in marks
and the assessment will be given in grades.
Co-Scholastic attainments 2(A,B,C & D) and 3(A,B) will be done on 5 point Scale (shown in the table below ).
It will be done once in a session.
||4.1 – 5.0
||3.1 – 4.0
||1.1 – 2.0
Minimum qualifying grade in Co-Scholastic Domain is D.